Pages

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Honest Adult Post

Lately, I have had a lot on my mind about how to be a 'real' adult...

-my career
-paying off student loans
-taxes
-FHA loans
-tax returns
-the stock market
-money in general
-real estate
-insurance

Wowwie, just typing that overwhelms me. I mentioned last week in my post about my 5 for Five goals, that I was working on redoing my cover letter and resume. Well, I can finally share that I will be moving back to Chicago at the end of the school year. It was a tough decision though mainly because I was choosing between a job (with the most amazing coworkers, turned friends EVER) that I absolutely loved and starting my 'adult' life back home with The Boy and (hopefully) settling somewhere in the suburbs of Chicago. And as you can see, the more personal stuff led me to decide to move back home.

I am sad because I'm moving away from some pretty amazing people and some adorable little kids, that I know consider my own (in a teacher way---teacher's would understand that) little children. I'm moving back into my parents' home with no secure job and will only receive an income through August. I did finish my cover letter and resume, so we'll see what happens.

On another note, The Boy and I have been discussing buying a house. Not anytime soon (still no ring on my finger lol), but soon enough to be talking about getting our budget in order. We're still putting money into our savings account and just started looking into FHA loans (which my parents will have to help with eventually). (SIDE NOTE: The Boy has switched careers and I couldn't be happier for him. He is now pursuing the fire fighting world!!)

Anyways, I'm very excited about another new chapter in my life. Being an adult is hard, but I am so excited to start this new phase soon!

How does one prepare to start this journey? I need advice!!!

3 comments:

  1. That had to of been a very difficult decision. Kudos to you for making it! I hope you are able to find a job once you land back in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on everything with your decision - Chicago is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you doing what is right for you personally! I have been in this place, too (I really didn't want to leave my school in Clarksville and even discussed with my husband living apart for a year so I could return, but ended up deciding that hubby wins over career), so I totally know how tough it is!! I hope you get a great job in Chicago!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete