Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Nick and Nacks

Since I ended student teaching I have been doing a lot of different things. I have been still applying to any district within like a 60 mile radius of my house. I'm not holding my breath until August. I did however land a part time job in the school I student taught in a first grade classroom doing small interventions. I'm excited to get back into the classroom and this job keeps my face known and keeps my foot in the door. These days a job opportunity is all about people you know and networking.



In other news, I saw the Hunger Games last weekend and was very, VERY pleased with the way it was made. I also just finished the 3rd and final book of the series and I can't wait for the next 2 movies to come out. What other books have you read that you could recommend for me??

Half-Marathon Update:
I ran 5 miles yesterday with my Dad and I felt great. I really think I could have done the same route twice.  However, I woke up this morning and my knee hurt. I hope with some ice and ibuprofen it goes away so I can run again tomorrow.


The Boy and I last weekend out and about

Does anyone have any advice on looking for jobs in other states? I mean anywhere! Do you love where you live, love your city, etc. I want to hear all about it!!

2 comments:

  1. As someone just getting licensed in the Chicago suburbs, I gotta tell you... Get out! Just kidding, but not really. As long as you're okay with relocating, though, it does seem like there are more jobs in other states. But I do know that the hunt in Illinois is brutal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first two Hunger Games books (haven't read the third one yet). Some other good YA books I've read lately:

    The Inquisitor's Apprentice by Chris Moriarty

    Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

    Isis by Douglas Clegg

    Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

    Family by Micol Ostow

    They're not necessarily very similar to Hunger Games, but all good in their own ways.

    ReplyDelete