Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My trip to DC

I'll try to make this post short and sweet...

My grandpa passed away last October. He was a POW and survivor of the Bataan Death March in WWII. He requested that he be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. After he passed we had contacted Arlington and we had to prove that he was indeed a POW for 2 1/2 years, a survivor of the Bataan Death March and we needed to give them his army number (or whatever the army used back then to identify you). We eventually found all the required paper work and were then put on a 'waiting list'. We had a choice of month (season) but as to request a specific weekend, or day was near to impossible.

Fast forward to April 13th. The day my grandpa was put to rest at Arlington, with the whole 9 yards--- guards, american flag, etc. It was truly such an honor to be a part of and my grandpa's life came full circle.


My whole family spent the whole weekend in DC and had a great time.

(Each star represents 100 soldiers who died in WWII)









The White House!

No comments:

Post a Comment