I am a bit challenged when it comes to the makeup and beauty world. I have bought ALL of my makeup through word of mouth or recommendations from friends, family or other bloggers. (Except my eye liner...more on that later). I know everyone has those 'favorite/gotta have it/can't live with out it' makeup products.
messy, unorganized, jumbled make up bag
First of all, I love my makeup bag! It was a freebie from Victoria Secret about 5 years ago and it holds SO much that I have never needed another make up bag. The clips on the end of the bag are your typical hair clips
that I cannot live without.
Welcome to my make up bag!
- BareMinerals. I have used their foundation, warmer (bronzer), veil and eye shadows since I could remember. I just started using their Prime Time (primer) and I also love how it keeps your make up on all day!! It just all works so well. I only use the lip tint when it's a special occasion
or my lips are looking a little pale.
- Urban Decay Naked and eyeliner. The crazy amount of money I paid for Naked was totally worth it though. I also have the eye shadow primer that I swear by. Urban Decay eyeliner however, is my newest product in my bag. I do like it, but not as much as my favorite all time eye liner.
- Eye Liner. The Urban Decay was same as above. The little black stub is my all time favorite.
- My eye liner is a brand that I've used since Jr. High and I have never bought another kind (until recently) because I love it! Presenting... the only eye liner that makes me look like I'm awake, it's by Palladio! Ya, try looking for it. You won't find it, trust me, I've
hunted downsearched for it; Sephora, Ulta, Walgreens, Target, you name it and I've been there. And if you do end up finding it, tell me where you found it and I might have you send me the whole stock and pay you back.
- MAC eye shadow. As you can see, the top container is empty and the bottom one is near the end.
- Lip stuff. I rarely use my Juicy tub, but when I do, I love it. I do, however, put on Bath and Body Works lip color and then Maybelline Baby Lips on a daily basis. Couldn't leave the house without this stuff!
- Cover up, foundation AND suntan lotion ALL in one. I love it! It's called Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhance. I put it on right after the shower as like my base coat for the day.
- Then, I put this stuff on, Prime Time. If I'm eye shadow, then I'll put the eye shadow primer on as well. This is the Urban Decay eye shadow primer and it's great!
- The bronzer on the bottom is Olay but I rarely use it. Only when I need a little extra
suntan I just dab it on my cheek bones.
- My blush is Dream Bounce but I don't like it. So, if you have any blush recommendations, I'd love to hear them! This one is like matte and you have to apply it with your finger. I find that when I put it on, it wipes off my bronzer and is almost TOO pink for me. Suggestions?
- Mascara!!! The one thing I cannot leave the house without putting on. I have used (far right, pink tube) Maybelline Great Lash (black) probably since freshmen year of high school. The orange one is CoverGirl, waterproof and I use it if I know I am going swimming. And the middle mini tube is my new obsession. It's by Benefit, called 'They're Real' and literally it makes your eye lashes look fake. One of my girlfriends told me about this and I went to Ulta to find it and it was $23 FOR A TUBE OF MASCARA!!! I could NOT justify paying that much for mascara, so (leave it to Ulta to put the travel size stuff at their checkout line) I bought the little, travel size one for $12. It better last a frickin' long time!!!
- Randoms. Eye liner sharpener, hair clip, bobby pin and hair tie, because let's be serious...who DOESN'T have extra bobby pins laying everywhere??
- Other notably products.
- THE BEST SELF TANNER ON THIS PLANET- St. Tropez. I swear by this and actually bought it because another blogger recommended it.
- Perfume: (the one on the left) Juicy called Viva La Juicy. It's very fruity but classy. I wear it during the summer. The one on the right is Burberry The Beat. This is my daily perfume. It's light, but smells delicious.
- Last but not least, the item every women should have in her make up bag. Vaseline! It's eye make up remover, Chapstick, itch cream, ointment and whatever else you want to use it for. Plain and simple.
Now tell me, what are your favorite/gotta have it/can't live with out it makeup products?