Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

I Juiced!!!

Well, technically, I did a juice detox. Arden's Garden 2-Day Detox to be specific.



When I still lived with Mrs. D in Tennessee, she found out about Arden's Garden detox from a friend's blog. Basically, all you drink for 2 days straight is 2 gallons (1 per day) of this fruit juice. It's suppose to get rid of the toxins in your body and help you loose weight. I did NOT do it to loose weight, but I loved the idea of ridding your body of chemicals and such. The juice is made from grapefruit juice, lemon juice and orange juice. That's it!

Mrs. D had to do a little convincing and 3 days later, 4 gallons of juice was sitting on our front porch in huge boxes waiting to be refrigerated.

Well, that same week just so happen to be the last week of school and the weekend I was moving out of Mrs. D's house and back home to Chicago. So, I did not detox until that next week when I was home in Chicago.

I was very skeptical though. How can you not eat ANYTHING for 2 days? This girl loves to eat and loves her food. Mrs. D and I joked that no one would ever wake up the morning of their juice cleanse and say, "Hmmm....I wonder what to have this morning for breakfast...oh, that's right, JUICE! And then again for lunch, dinner AND dessert". It was comical to say the least.

Verdict: I LOVED IT!! Surprisingly, I was not hungry for 'food' and whenever my stomach grumbled, I just drank another 16 oz. of juice and it was satisfied. Honestly, the first day sucked! It was hard to get the whole galloon down in one day. By day 2, it was a breeze.

I would definitely do it again, but this time (since I couldn't this previous time) I would like to do it with someone. Mrs. D had the same experience, she loved it as well. She actually claims that her skin and hair were shinier and glow-y. I found that I slept great those 2 nights!!

I am looking forward to ordering it again! Have you done a cleanse, detox or juiced recently? What was it and did it work for you?

1 comment:

  1. In college I tried to do a liquid detox diet - it didn't work. All I did was crave BREAD! Good for you for completing this!

    ReplyDelete