Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Alaska Here I Come...

Yes...you heard that right, Palmer, AK to be exact. That's about 40 miles NE of Anchorage.

I'm super excited to be getting outta here for a few weeks.

I'm flying up there the 3rd and will return to Chicago around the 18th or 19th of December! I can't be more excited. 

To make the long story short my older cousin has been living up there for the past 4 years and is ready to come back 'home', which is a NW suburb of Chicago. He got his house to sell and sold most of his furniture already on Craigslist. But, he still has some stuff to bring back, along with his car. 
That's where I come in. I will be driving back to Chicago with him over for a the few weeks before Christmas. I'm hoping weather permitting, we won't get stuck or snowed in anywhere. We will be driving through a few of the Canadian territories before heading down through Minnesota or North Dakota, I'm not quit sure yet. 


I will be bringing my iPhone 4 along for the journey, so hopefully I can blog some pictures and capture my trek back to the lower 48. It might be hard to get internet during some parts of our trips due to high altitude, mountains and you know....the wilderness of Canada. 

I will also be tweeting along the way with pictures (of course) so you can follow me here...
Follow Kl3iva on Twitter


I also need help! What in the world do I pack? I've never been to Alaska, but I can imagine it's cold and dark since it is winter time. And what do I do in the 2 week drive back to Chicago? I have some books I want to read, but what else should I do? Any ideas? I need help with this BADLY! Please give your input! 

On the other hand, 42 days until I start student teaching! Yippeee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment