Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

A day in the life

I'm sorry I haven't been up-to-date with blogging lately. I read everyone else's blogs DAILY, yes daily. I read them during class, on the way to class and in bed, when I should be sleeping. I have an app on my iPhone that allows me to read all the blogs I follow. I have to thanks my Mom for showing me that app. It saves me from some pretty boring lectures.

Anywhooo....I'm in my 3rd week of classes, with 7 more to go...in school days, that's like 5 years!! I'm still stressed, but I'm just taking it day-by-day.

This past weekend I went home to take an ALL day CPR/AED/first aide class. It started at 8:30 am and ended at 5:45 pm! I did pass the class, so I am now certified for 2 years. So, if anyone chokes or has a heart attack, I am a "trained responder", (as our instructor liked to call us) and I know what to do. Which, to be honest, is kinda scary.

Friday night I went on an actually dinner DATE with the Boy. Now, this was big for us. Usually, a typical dinner out is going to a pub/bar and eating wings or a burger with beer and watching either the Bulls, the Hawks, Sox/Cubs or Kansas basketball (thankfully, KU's season is over). So, when we were seated all the way in the corner where there was no TV for the Boy to keep tabs on the Hawks game, it was a relief. The Boy of course goes, "Ugh, now I actually have to talk to you", jokingly of course!

Tomorrow morning I start my nannying on a weekly basis. I'm hoping I'm not going to be on stress overload. But, Tuesday's and Thursday's I only have one class, so it shouldn't be TOO bad. When I am stressed, I found my new love for Adele. She's amazing!!

Anyways, what has everyone else been up too?

112 days til PUNTA CANA!
267 days until I start student teaching....yikkeess!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there with your classes. Oh yeah, and don't let your mom know about reading blogs DURING CLASS!!!!!! She would never approve. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete