Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

10...ok 13, things you MIGHT not know about me

So, some thing you might not know about me is that I have a lot of quirks, habits and obsessions. I'll only list 10, to save you the time and me the energy to think of more. Here it goes:

1. I LOVE puppies, dogs, and animals in general. Over the summer I fostered two different litters of puppies from Animal House Shelter in Huntly. I loved fostering. The shelter gave me food, their puppy medicine, a cage and some toys! I didn't get paid either. If you or someone you know would like to help saving more dogs and foster click here to go to their website. I miss them though. I hope they are all doing well! (The first 3 pictures are of my puggle pups and the last 2 are of boxer-mix pups) 
      
2. I day dream all day long. Sometimes I day dream up until I go to sleep and I'll actually dream about it that night. 

3. I'm a 'future' thinker. I love to think about the future. I think about moving into my own apartment/house, establishing a solid and secure teaching career, and of course getting married and starting a family and all the jazz. I wish being a stay at home mom came with an annual income salary :) But I'm still living my life in this moment, right now. 

4. Because I like to think about the future a lot, I am a HGTV and TLC fanatic. I watch, 'Say Yes To The Dress', 'House Hunters', and 'Property Virgins' to name a few. 

5. I have a skin condition called Dysplastic Nevus Syndrome. I have very light and pale skin. This makes my skin an easier target for sun to damage my body. Most of my freckles can turn into dysplastic nevi. That means if I'm not careful they can turn harmful and may turn into skin cancer. I wear sun screen everyday in both summer and winter. So far, I've had 5 moles/ freckles removed that showed more irregular cells and needed to be removed with a surgical procedure. 5 moles gone and I'm sure there will be 5 more sometime in the future.

6. If I wasn't going to school to be a teacher, I would 110% be a real estate agent. Ever since I could remember I have been interested with looking inside people's houses. Seeing how they are set up inside, how big (or small) the houses are and how much money you can get in different parts of the state and even elsewhere in the country. 

7. Growing up I hated reading. I was never good at it. About a year and a half ago, I started to read for enjoyment and I loved it. I love reading what I want and not what school tells me I have to read. I wish I had more time to read. If anyone has any good recommendations, please let me know. :)

8. I only have one sister. We're 20 months apart. Growing up, we did not get along. As we both got older and more mature we got a lot closer. I sometimes wish I had more siblings or a brother to bother and beat up. But that's what my future family is for! :) And I know my sister and my parents will be the best aunt and grandparents ever! (In like 6 years mom, don't freak out) lol

9. I found a new fascination with hot tea. My roommates drink coffee. I have tried to like coffee and I just can't come to drink it. Tea on the other hand....LOVE it. I love all the flavors. I got my teapot for $7 at Target and tea is cheap. So I'm happy I found a new drink that is cheap and delicious! 

10. I love shoes. They're just so dang expensive that I can never afford them. I can't wait to be able to buy whatever I want when I finally have a steady income. 

11. I'm very indecisive. I wish I can hire someone to make decisions for me. Example #1: I have changed my major over 5 times. Example #2: I have been to 3 colleges and University's. Enough said. haha!

12. If I could eat two foods for the rest of my life it would be ice cream and pizza. I can eat more ice cream than anyone I know.

13. Over summer 2011 I'm going to get 4 different certificates that will hopefully broaden my work resume and make me more marketable. I'm going to get a Professional Organizer certification, a Real Estate certification, a Wedding consultant certificate and a veterinarian assistant! I'm so excited!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww the puppies are adorable! Thank you for sharing!! I'm really looking forward to our new puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated reading until two years ago. I thought what a waste of time. Now they know me by name at the library.

    Some of my favorite authors are Larry Watson, Emily Giffin, Beth Harbison, and Mary Kay Andrews.

    What are your favorite type of books to read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved finding out all of these things about you! I am a new follower and this was a quick and easy way to get to know you. Totally interesting that you were going to get 4 certificates in 2011 - did you do it?!

    ReplyDelete