Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

106 and counting...

Wow. I just looked at my stats for my blog and this is my 106th post! I can't believe I've found something to write about 106 times. I really enjoy this little space of mine. 


Anyways, I have only 2 weeks left of student teaching and I could cry thinking about it. I wish I could stay for the rest of the year. But, as they all say, "when one door closes, another one opens" and I guess that is making me feel better.
(Investigating conductors and insulators)


I have stated finalizing my portfolio, cover letter and resumes and I'm getting nervous. I've been doing a little searching for potential jobs, but once I start to look, I feel so overwhelmed. The other night when I should have been working on my final reflection paper, I printed out all, yes ALL of the school districts in Illinois. I guess I just wanted a starting point. I haven't even looked through the 21 pages yet, but I'll get there.
(Doing a fun Valentine's Day 'I have...Who has..." activity)


I also printed out DePaul's cross certification agreement with other states. There is no hiding the fact that I wouldn't mind moving to another state for a few years... and if that's where more jobs are, then take me there now! 


There is double the work when I'm looking for jobs out of state, but I don't mind.


Does anyone have any advice for me as I try to maneuver through this process? Or if you've moved out of state for another job, how was it? Did/do you regret it? Any tips? 


I know this process won't be easy, but I've learned to only take big steps, one day at a time.


Today I'm working on my final reflection paper and watching Modern Family, at the same time. :) I'm also searching for a new dinner recipe on Pinterest to try, while I wait to watch the Oscars tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment