Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm BAAAccckkk!!!

I'm in the last home stretch of spring quarter before summer!! And this amazing day with it being almost 90 degrees outside today, is a real tease!! I have one lesson plan project to finish, 2 reflection papers to finish writing and i JUST finished my psychology research paper! YAY!

Also, I wanted to say Happy Veterans Day to my Grandpa Dick and all the other men and women who have served, or are currently serving our country. I can never do what you guys do and for that I applaud  each and every one of you guys! I know I've said this before on here, but my Grandpa was a survivor of the Bataan Death March and POW. He turns 94 next month! I have the strongest, greatest Grandpa ever!
Me, Grandpa, My sister and Dad


 I also just wrote my last rent check to my land lord for this apartment and let me tell you....I am WAY too excited to move back home! Who woulda thought, right??? I'm about up to here (my hands over my head) with my one roommate! Don't even get me started, but I think I'm the only college student who is actually excited to move back in with my parents! I will be a new and improved daughter. I actually COOK dinner now, clean the dishes, do the laundry and NOT complain about any of it, because it would never be as bad as it is in my apartment right now with my roommate! UGH! (Take my word for it Mom!)

Enough about that. This weekend was wonderful!! I cleaned out my closet and my sister and I donated like 8 bags full of clothes, shoes, toys, books! It felt good. I also realized I have a problem. I found all my bathing suits and tried them all on...for 1, because I wanted to make sure they still fit and 2, make sure I still like them. I have TEN bathing suits with one on the way. Yes, I'll admit it, I have a bathing suit problem.

We also had our first bbq of the season and I love bbq season. It was so fun seeing family and friends to start the summer off...kinda. My sister is living up at school for the summer, so I'll be lonely in our household again :(

Anyways, there are a lot of things I realized I want to start doing this summer or at least try. So I won't forget, I'll have them here.

Summer goals/bucket list:
Read the new Chelsea Handler Book
Workout everyday---whether it's going to the gym, or bike riding
Blog more- I swear my life is not that interesting, but I'll try to make it better. lol
Cook more and find more good recipes
Start my classroom library---do any teachers have good places where I can find lots of books for cheap or lots of deals?
Foster an older dog from the shelter I fostered at last year.
Go to Vegas or a long weekend with the Boy somewhere--any ideas for cheap getaways?
Camping might be the next alternative-lol
Run a marathon
Get rid of more junk in my room
Rearrange my room and get all matching sheets. :)

I think that's it for now!
Alrighty, back to school work I go! I hope it's as nice where you guys are, as it is here in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment